Bristol Glen Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), United Methodist Communities of New Jersey is offering two $1,000.00 (one thousand dollar) annual scholarships to recognize the outstanding academic performance and leadership skills of Masters level theological students. These two scholarships will be awarded annually on or before August 1.
Funding for these scholarships comes from contributions and personal donations made by senior residents of Bristol Glen Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), United Methodist Communities of New Jersey umcommunities.org/.
- Enrollment in a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The applicant must be a New Jersey resident and provide a photocopy of NJ Driver’s License or other proof of NJ residence.
- The applicant must have a B academic average and provide the Scholarship Committee with a copy of their most recent academic transcript.
- Award is granted for one academic year only.
- Previous applicants and recipients may apply again in subsequent years.
- The scholarship committee will select the recipients based upon a review of your documents.
- Recipients must be willing to come to Bristol Glen to receive the scholarship awards in person.
Interested applicants may download the Scholarship Fact Sheet and Application Form by clicking on the links below.
Applicants must return completed application form with required documentation by 4:30 p.m., JUNE 30th. (If June 30th falls on a weekend, the application deadline will be 4:30 p.m. on the following Monday).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT:
Submit eight (8) complete, collated and user-friendly information packets containing copies of the application and all required documents bound in booklet form for our scholarship committee members to review. Incomplete materials and items which arrive under separate cover will not be considered. One packet must contain original documents, but the other four packets may be copies. No additional material will be considered. The following items must be in each packet submitted:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of continuing enrollment (proof of enrollment in classes for the upcoming fall semester) in a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
- Most recent academic transcript (Secure a copy of your transcript for yourself, open and duplicate it for submission in each of the application packets, include original in originals packet).
- One current personal reference letter from a spiritual mentor.
- Typewritten essay, double-spaced, no more than 500 words describing why you feel called into ministry, what led you to your decision to pursue ministry and where you feel called to serve.
- A brief statement of financial need and reason for requesting a scholarship.
- Copy of NJ Driver’s license or other proof of New Jersey residence.
For additional information please contact Chaplain Todd Lattig, M. Div, Bristol Glen, 200 Bristol Glen Drive, Newton, New Jersey 07860 via phone at 973-300-5788 x1513 or via email at email@example.com.